Lessons Learned from Life

Friday, January 13, 2006

The New & Improved Me

Let's just say I have learned a few things about this blogosphere since I began posting last June. I have learned that people like to see daily or at least somewhat frequent updates. I have learned that just like with the now controversial book "A Million Little Pieces" people want and expect your posts to be entertaining, interesting but above all, true. When I first began blogging I set out to keep a big part of my life and who I am shielded from those who might try and want to know something about me. I didn't talk about my life very much, my really good friends, my politics or my significant other. In fact, I went out of my way to keep these things from my readers. Why you ask? Well, for one I didn't want my blog to become this public treatise on all the people that matter in my life. I didn't think that was fair to them. Also, I still won't be talking about politics (much) because there are way too many political blogs out there and the type of reader I'm trying to interest in what I have to say would be more interested in what is in their heart vs what they read in the morning paper each day. I also did not want to be a boring blog where people talked about diaper changing, parenting etc so I initially deliberately tried to appeal to the single bloggers. I did this because on my blog I want to talk about the trials and tribulations of being single (as I still am despite my significant other - I believe you are single until you aren't - meaning, you get married) and all the fun things that singles do: shopping, art gallery openings, culture and nightlife in and around St. Louis, travel, etc. These are the types of things that would interest me, and do interest me, when I am looking for new blogs to read. What I have found is that the blogs that interest me most are the ones that either have a high emotional content or ones in which the author of the blog has such an uncensored wit as to be utterly hysterical and quite candid. So, because that is what interests me, mostly because that's how I am as a person, I now want to present that side of me. I'm hoping everyone will think this is a huge improvement.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:32 PM, Blogger KC said…

    I like the new look. Thanks for letting me know where you went.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home